Friday 8 July 2016

Enjoy – To Experience with Joy


I was walking down the road the other night looking for a cab. I was hot, sweaty and tired. I thought of getting to my condo which seemed like a world away. The more I thought about how good it would be to get home, the more I became agitated about my present condition. Then suddenly the thought struck me (a thought that has now been conditioned to strike me whenever circumstances are less than favorable) what good could I find in this moment right now? It wasn’t long before the answer became clear.
I firstasked myself how I knew my present situation was less than favorable to begin with. The only way I knew, is when I compared it to other situations that were more favorable. Then I made an amazing discovery. The level of enjoyment had nothing to do with my present condition, but it had everything to do with the degree of my desire to be somewhere other than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment